Saturday, March 1, 2008

What can you do in 24 hours???

Last night I had GNO with some friends (you know Girls Night Out for those of you who have been away too long, like myself) and we had a great time! The food was amazing - I must have had 8 dipped strawberries, and a ton of salad, bread and fruit-the company was fabulous, and the stories made me cry with laughter! Let me see if I can jog some memories out there; homemade pink taffeta Easter hats, wiping food of your childs face with your finger and licking your finger, lace collars that look like bibs, dating height requirements...ahhh, it is fun to remember the days of yesteryear and fun to get home after 10:30 pm!

This morning we had our neighborhood fitness assessment. It went...ok I guess. We started off doing sit-ups and while I was going as fast as possible, Ava walked right into the line of fire and caught my elbow in her face. Needless to say, I didn't do so hot the rest of the minute. My run went ok except for the wind- the only reason I ALWAYS would prefer a treadmill- and I have been coughing ever since, but it is not the sick cough people have been having for weeks - knock on wood.

Ethan's soccer game could not have been more of a highlight for him or myself for that matter. David stayed home from work this morning to attend and stood by Ethan every time he had the chance. Dave's parents and two sisters also came and I think Ethan was happier during his game than he was on Christmas morning. If any of you know Dave, his parents and sister, Christi (probably anyone who would read this does :)), you know they are more enthusiastic than a high school varsity cheerleading squad at the state championships- well, my little four year old had all that enthusiasm bouncing off him in a small gym full of four year olds. His cheeks must have been sore from grinning, mine were :) He played better today than I think he ever has, despite all his GQ looks at the camera. He got to the ball and kicked it over and over while he was in. Thank you for your support Grandma, Grandpa, Christi and LB!!! We came home for a quick lunch and celebration for Ethan's great soccer playing- with nothing other than oreo ice-cream!

After naps, we went to see my parents and Ethan made cookies with Grandma Whisenant and did puzzles. She even let him put the eggs in the cookie dough (huh??? He is only four, and I still have a hard time making sure no shell gets whatever concoction I am drumming up). Needless to say, so much attention in one day made him a very happy little guy.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

uuuuh...I hope your GNO was with GIRLS I don't know... or else! Just joking...If you do get one together with some of the ward girls I'd love to tag along!

Amanda said...

Yes, I think Ethan was the star of the soccer game on Saturday. I love how your family is so supportive. Can I adopt them? Would they adopt me? And you seriously deserve that GNO!!!

Denise said...

the pink taffeta hat takes the cake!!

Mindy Williams said...

Whiz-Bang,
I am SO glad you found me! Now we just need to keep tabs on each other! Your kids are gorgeous---I didn't know about Eva either, but she is a knockout! It sounds like life is good, but I haven't had a chance to read the whole blog yet either! :) Wow, so much has happened, we just moved to Denver in Jan. and had Rachel 10 days ago...wow, a lot to handle. We are with in-laws til our house is done too! So much to say....let me know how to contact you! Missing you, you look fabulous like always! Hope you are all well. Love ya, Mind