Saturday, March 1, 2008

American Idol... who is yours??

Ok, so did anyone wonder if Brook Wight was LDS after she told Simon that she and her husband had never seen an R-Rated movie in their lives? There are two LDS singers in the top 16 this season on AI and I just wonder, when is AI going to come to Utah for auditions??

So, David Archuleta... Simon, you are right as usual, he is the one to beat. What was up with AlexAndrea and her hug to him after to final song though??? Thoughts anyone? Anyway, I loved his rendition of 'Imagine' and I had previously been tired of that song since my junior year...in high school! The kid can sing and I love his song choices! Ok, so here are my top picks for AI (in order):

David Archuleta
Carly Smithson
Michael Johns

I also like Jason C. and Brooke Wight in my own way. Not that I think they will win or should, but they just seem like "shiny happy people" if you know what I mean.

I am not sad to anyone gone who is gone although I would have liked Alaina to stay another week- I could have chosen someone else to go in her place. My picks for the top 16 would include all but: Danny, Luke, Kady, and Amanda. Danny's voice is good actually, but ... we'll leave it at that for now. Am I to into this??? Please, don't answer that...

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Yes...you are! Just kidding...I'm right there with you and I'm not kidding about having an AI FINALE party! I'm more than happy to host it but we must remember I only have a 26 inch T.V. ha ha ha Maybe Brad Hart will host it for us on his HUUUUGE screen! ha ha ha I want David Archuleta to win right now! HE IS SO GREAT!!! What's up with Cruella Devil? Seriously between the smoker voice and her hair I'm not sure how she made it this far! But...who am I to judge!

Amanda said...

Still haven't watched an episode.

Denise said...

Well I guess there is one good thing to getting released from YW, I can watch American Idol now! I will be getting back into it and letting you know my thoughts, I'm sad I've missed the last couple of seasons. And they DEFINITELY need to come to Utah b/c I want Caroline Wilsher in it, have you heard her sing? Her voice is better than half those people in the top 16 and she's only 13 years old!

Nikki said...

okay, i need your email to send you some recipes! So if you think about it...send me an email.

Nancy K said...

Hi! Found your blog on Amandas. It was fun to visit tonight and talk about good old american idol!
Nancy Kirk
email me at nancyhkirk@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite to my blog.