Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Scoop of the weeks...


Ava's Black Eye (and tongue)

So I have anxiously been awaiting this time of year for the past two and a half months. For some reason, by the end of February I feel like my life is over as I know it, have a couple of freak episodes about David's long working hours, and then 2 weeks later- I see the light! David's busy season ends March 31st- no, not about the end of March, but the END of March or so he says:)). I know what day I have to get to, and you can do anything for two weeks right???

Well, two weeks ago, Ethan ended up with that flu that has been going around. He was sick with a high temp. and aches for 3-4 days (I know it could have been worse)and he is a little dramatic to put it nicely.

A week ago Sunday was David's sisters homecoming, which was amazing and a great day. Ava sat quietly on my lap from the beginning of the meeting until the end and didn't even want to go to David (unheard of). I thought I must be getting some type of deserved (HA!) blessing...but I should have known something was up. She was very clingy all day, the same but whinier the next and the next, and finally Tuesday evening started a fever. You'd think I would figure it out before the fever, but alas, 101.8 degreesnand I took her to the Doctor. Of course it was 6:40 pm and the on-call doctor was an African American woman (sorry, but can any of you imagine a caucasion man doing this?). She looked in her ear, jumped back and screamed- yes, really, I am not much of an exaggerator, so maybe a yelp (for lack of a better word) is a better description. She said it was a 9 or a 10 (??? on a scale of 1-10 I asked?) and prescribed antibiotics for 10 days. That was Tuesday (well Sunday - Tuesday I guess).

Wednesday night while at the park, she walked in front of a moving swing someone had jumped off and it hit her right in the eye. She has had a black eye for a week and I have had no less than 20 people mention calling DCFS on me- thank goodness for witnesses- phew!

On Saturday Ethan came down with another fever and missed his soccer game and a play with Grandma and Grandpa Whisenant, and I missed a wedding reception. We left early from church on Sunday so that we wouldn't get his little friends sick being too close to them in class.

Ethan complained so bad about his teeth over the past week (the cavitity was HUGE and I HATE tooth pain) that we took him for an emergency trip to the dentist yesterday, who was tripled booked because of my request (Thanks Dr. Stucki who would never in 10 million years read this). That was Monday.

Then to top it all off, Ethan slammed his finger in the car door (blue, purple and swollen), screamed for 35 minutes until the IBprofen kicked in and then we went to get Frosty's because they make everything better. At the park later, he hit is face on the slide, fell of the slidy thing and hurt his jaw. That was today!!!

Ok, sorry about the boring travel log of negative happenings, but I just have to wonder, what do I have to look forward to during the next 13 days? Forget the next two weeks, what will happen tomorrow???

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

OOhh, What a time you have been having! So sorry - it's funny how it all seems to happen at once. You're an awesome mom, we wish we could see you guys more often!
Love ya, Lyndsey

The Egglestons said...

I remember those days all too well! Working with one of the big firms is horrendous this time of year. I am sure that you are ready for April 15 tomorrow! Yea!!! And, I didn't even have kids when my Dave had those hours. You must be a super woman! Not that Dave's hours are that much more reasonable now with his new work, but they aren't quite as bad. Sorry to hear about all of the craziness, but am happy to hear that it has since improved! Love you! - Becca