Thursday, July 5, 2007

From the mouth of babes

Mama: How did I get so lucky to get you as my boy?
Ethan: Jesus sent me

Ethan: I want to go to Yellowstone to get some ice-cream (I think he meant Coldstone, our neighbors are leaving on a trip to Yellowstone - I am sure Ethan thought it would be the best vacation ever)

Kids are so funny, they say the funniest things, I love it!!! I think I may start writing a quote of the day with kids quotes. Ok, probably Ethan's most of the time. We have had a great week. We went to Boondock's on Monday and then to the movie Ratatuille. Tuesday we went boating and did fireworks. Yesterday we went to the gym and then to a BBQ at my parents. Today we took D's car into two places (oil change, registration) and met friends at the gym (YAHOOO, Ethan and I both have friends there now!)- we have been busy and are exhausted, but it is so wonderful to have friends and family around that we just love to be with. I also love the 4th of July. For some reason I always love to look at the words of the third verse of "America for Beautiful"- it is true, "Who more than self their country loved"- I think that says it all. I love America, we truly are blessed.

PS- Oh for you bloggers out there (aka Amanda) I have some blogging questions for you when you get a minute :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sure! I'm just finally figuring it out myself. But I'll be happy to show what I know. Ethan is a crack up!! I remember that first day I met him, at Jennifer's house. I was so excited to be his sunbeam teacher. So said those days are over! Waaaah!

I like the quote of the day idea. I wish I had written down everything they said that was so funny. I'll start now.