Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!!


Yesterday was David's birthday -the big 3-0 - and we pretty much spent the entire weekend celebrating. Saturday we went water-skiing and that night we went to a FABULOUS restaurant called Chef's Table. It was incredibly nice and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend the mushrooms for the appetizer and the butternut squash soup- they were both truly outstanding. Ava would definitely recommend the blackberry lemonade (she pretty much insisted on having her own and got it after her many screams). The only thing we definitely should have changed about the evening was to leave our kids home.

As wonderful as they both are, they were both cranky and tired from a long day, and there was not another person in the restaurant under the age of 18. It was a good experience for both of them though (just not for us)- the Chef and owner of the restaurant came over and sat by Ethan (while I was out with Ava) and asked him how his ice-cream was and what his favorite kind of ic-cream was wo which he replied ...Cookie Dough. The Chef said he would have to get some of that on his menu which I thought was very kind.

Lavell Edwards (BYU's legendary coach of 25 years when he retired) was also dining with his wife. If any of you know how I feel about BYU you will understand why I just stared at him in awe- he waved at Ava and talked to her from afar returning her firtations ever so cordially for probably 30 seconds. The staff was very kind and patient with us even though we were louder than the rest of the restaurant combined, and not in an enjoyable way.

Yesterday we had carmel apple french toast for breakfast, and Ethan and I decorated D's office at the church to surprise him (powerbars, gatorade and balloons. We went to his parent's for dinner. We had been getting ready and it was finally time for D to come in- we were all waiting with candles lit, crazy spray in our hands and lining the hallway and Ethan went to get David. Running back into the room and with pure concern in his voice (he was in charge of getting the birthday boy, he said, "Daddy is taking a dump"- there was no hiding it. Ahhh, I sure don't take the credit for teaching him that.

Then we topped off the evening with one chapter of Harry Potter. We bought it Saturday and D vowed not to start it until the middle of next week as he is so busy right now. We are now on chapter 4... oh well, it will probably be finished before his busy 7-10 days ends. As I like to say, it's all about priorities. Happy Birthday David!!! We sure love you!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

Interesting comment....
Well, it sounds like Dave had a super birthday. You are such a great wife to him, Kari!!!

Suzie Petunia said...

Ah HA! I found you! Thank you for sharing your blog address with me... I feel like I know a little-known secret! I love getting to know my long-distance friends better through their blogs, so I'll be back. Do you mind if I add you to my links? I won't if you would rather keep it on the "down low", so to speak. :)

Sounds like a fun birthday - I guess it was a few weeks ago now. Did you go to the Chef's Table in Provo/Orem? Taylor worked as a chef there after we were first married. It was called "The Restaurant Roy" back then.

It was so fun to "run into you" (ha ha... I must be really tired!) at the race today. You did amazing! You might like visiting a blog I keep with some running friends - marathonmommies.blogspot.com.
You're welcome to join in the discussion anytime!

Amanda said...

Still waiting for updates.....