Monday, June 25, 2007

Sunshine Boy



Dave's mom always talks about David as the Christmas morning child. He gets up and is so happy like it is Christmas every morning. It is sweet, and I thought I wonder what that was really like? Well, Ethan has decided that he like to come up with the sun and is also Christmas morning boy!! He gets up about 5:50- 6:20 on most days and is so happy and sweet and wonderful. He will play with his toys on his own and let me sleep and then when he sees me stirring he comes and gives me a big hug and is so wonderful... and then 8:00 am comes around... He is already tired by 8 and wants to eat at 9:00 am- and that is lunch!!! Because breakfast was at 7 and he is hungry again by 9ish. He will fall asleep driving even if our destination is 2 miles away, and twice in just over a week, he has fallen asleep at 6 pm and slept through the night. He actually does surprisingly well most of the day, but oh, those other moments really keep me on my toes.

"Keep him up" you may suggest, but I have tried that- several nights in a row. Cardboard in the wondows, tinfoil in the windows, blanets in the windows, no sleep and no naps. I am obviously missing something. He never sleeps in later, even after 5 days in a row going to bed past 10 pm- he just crashes after several days of running on empty. "Christmas morning child?", he definitely is, but I wonder sometimes, "what about the rest of the day?"

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a familiar story!!! If only us Moms could get up that fast and happy every morning. I think my day would go a lot smoother. I love your stories about Ethan!

Mark said...

Is D still a Christmas morning guy?
I definitely am not, unless golf is scheduled.
keep posting