Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008!!!




I don't know about you all, but does anyone not LOVE Christmas?!!! This vacation has been so amazing- ok, so Dave took two weeks off, and I think I am ready for him to retire! We took Ethan skiing last week and he did an amazing job. He kept getting mad at Dave for trying to help him, but then would be even more mad that Dave wasn't there to stop him right when he wanted him too- I think Ethan has a lot of faith in him and Dave was determined not to let that go unwarranted. Well, the second run I came with them on (4th run for Ethan), Ethan lost it- I mean really lost it- laying in the snow and crying, mad at everyone and everything and David had more patience than I could dream of having. Dave asked if he wanted to ski with me and Ethan said yes, and I said, "you know your Daddy is probably one of the best skiers on this mountain" and Ethan said "no, I am the best skier on the mountain"....at least he has confidence in his skiing abilities. They went again last week and he skied all he way down the hill with David behind him- like father like son!!! They had a fabulous time!

We also went to my brothers annual New Years Eve party - the food was far too good and I now know where Ava gets her eating abilities- ok, from both parents. They have fireworks and a pinyata for the kids every year, but can I say, for me it is painful to watch kids of different ages with a pinyata- how many kids end up crying every year?? Too many, but although Ethan only got like four pieces of candy last night he was so happy because he got m&m's for Ava- Ethan is an amazing brother.

Ava is as crazy as ever. She got a signing book for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa Whisenant and has learned (kind of) to sign sleep- it is pretty funny. Also, he idea of dancing is to turn around and around and around until she is too dizzy to stand. And she gets up and does it over and over and over. I remember doing that to my friends's little brother when we were little, but i never saw him to it to himself. Ava claps for herself everytime she does it- in fact she claps for herself when she does most things :) Well, I hope all of your Christmas's were merry and bright, and that you get through January and February ok- after this week I will anxioudly be awaiting March!! Happy New Year!!

No comments: