Friday, May 8, 2009

Hello Shar!!!!

Happenings...

Busy season.... ahhhhh, I was looking forward to it being over for probably 10 weeks and it seems like it has lasted about 6 past those ten weeks... any suggestions people??? Ethan has started spring soccer and is doing awesome! He loves it and also just tried out to be in a play. He also wants to start karate, T-ball, and piano. I tried to tell him how busy that would be with going to school everyday next year to which he replied "Ok, I don't want to do school then."

Many people have commented that Ava looks like a future cheerleader (to which I respond "NO, soccer player with extra energy") and I have decided that our children have more of Dave's blood in them than my own- lucky kids, although I think I may die of exhaustion. She is full of energy and smiles. She played with her little buddy Halle today and squirted her with a spray bottle relentlessly (it is ok, they were having a water fight). I think she enjoyed being the predator instead of the prey for once. One thing I really admire about Ava is her happiness- she can make anyone smile anytime. Funny girl!

David is starting soccer and frisbee teams (he is playing on them) and coaching Ethan's soccer team. He is hoping to cut his work hours down and get some stuff done around the house (we are also hoping). I am loving staying at home with my kids- challenging in a very different sort of way, but SO much fun and very rewarding. I love step class at the gym (Ashley at Lifetime fitness should receive and award!), being outside, and having wonderful friends (some of which are also family)!!! I am starting to garden this summer with my sis-in-law and am hoping our yard looks better in a month than it does currently.

We are looking forward to the summer- Dave's brother getting married in Minnesota, my sister coming from England, and hopefully a little less of hanging out at the big EY for David.

Shar, since you are probably the only one who ever checks my blog (not that I blame anyone, it's not like there is much "news" on this thing and this may be my last post ever, nahhh)... this one is for you! Obviously, here I am and it only took me a day- MIRACULOUS! I do still get on my website to get to other blogs :) But, I never look at my comments! This must be fate.... hmmm, I will start thinking about my favorite restaurant. And next Friday, I will set up 3 step benches :) You are awesome!!!

8 comments:

Catherine said...

FYI, I check your blog too :) I'm so glad to see a new post and I'm more excited that I'll be seeing you out in MN soon!

Mimi said...

I check your blog too - since you are kind of family and I really like you. Wish we were going out to UT this summer and could see you and Ames - but alas, little baby will pretty much be this summer. Hope you get some real time with Dave.

lys said...

Hey, I check your blog too! I've been waiting for a new post for months. Glad to hear that you are doing well. We really missed you at lunch last week. Hope to see you soon!

xoxo

Shar said...

What?? You actually posted!!! So glad to here that you are enjoying the first 5 months of 2009. Even though I already knew that because of how often I see you. And by "take you out", I didn't mean Tucanos. So don't think too big... ha ha. But seriously, I will. I had no hopes of you posting and so this was definitely a fun surprise.

Lyndsey said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back - I read your blog too and have missed you! So fun to hear what Ethan and Ava have been up to, Callum talks about playing with Ethan all the time! We are excited to see you guys at the wedding!

Brigitte Eppley Pace said...

Rude! I check your blog too...at least twice a monoth...=)

Sarah said...

FINALLY! I also check the blog Kari. And I am looking forward to next Thursday - the only way I will get to my yard at all this season.

Brandon and Christi Anne said...

Hey, I read your blog. I have to update mine!